Side effects of ciprofloxacin
The following is a list of drugs with which ciprofloxacin should not be used simultaneously:
- Tizanidine (a muscle relaxant used to treat muscle stiffness or spasticity). Ciprofloxacin affects the metabolism of tizanidine and its simultaneous use causes very low blood pressure and severe somnolence.
- Corticosteroids (for example, traviselolone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone and others). Co-administration with corticosteroids increases the risk of tendinitis.
- Hydrocodone (narcotic analgesic). Ciprofloxacin increases the level of hydrocodone in the blood, which may lead to side effects.
- Theophylline (medicine that used to treat asthma). Ciprofloxacin increases the concentration of theophylline in the blood, which can cause a potentially fatal arrhythmias.
- Buproprion (an antidepressant). Attendant use increases a seizures risk.
- Antiarrhythmics (droperidol and ibutilide). Attendant use increases the risk of arrhythmia.
- Warfarin. Attendant use increases the risk of bleeding.
- Mifepristone (a medicine used to stop pregnancy). Attendant use increases the risk of arrhythmia.
- Pentoxifylline (a drug used to treat peripheral circulatory disorders).
Ciprofloxacin can cause the following side effects:
- Skin rash, itching or hives
- Fungal superinfections
- Increased numbers of eosinophils in the blood
- Digestive disorders
- CNS symptoms (headache, drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Strange dreams
- Impaired kidney function
- Asthma symptoms
- Inflammation of the liver
This drug was prescribed to me by our new therapist, for the treatment of acute bronchitis. It was so bad that I couldn’t breathe, with sudden attacks and bronchospasm, I simply gasped. After drinking of Cipro for a few days, strictly according to the prescription of the doctor, I felt MUCH better. Disease has not completely passed yet, but my condition has improved noticeably. I can confirm that Cipro is working. About the side effects, I noticed slight changes in blood pressure, but I’m not sure that these are the side effects of the drug, not the effects of bronchitis. In general, Cipro passed the test on me, so I can safely recommend it.
Good afternoon everyone! For many years, I suffered from Acne. After another relapse, I was prescribed antibiotic Cipro. I was in despair and immediately ran to the pharmacy, in the hope that the medicine would help me stop this horror on my face. I drank other antibiotics and I can say that Cipro helps better than anything. However, on the second day of taking the tablets, side effects also appeared. After showering, the entire bottom of the bathroom was covered with my hair. In addition, there was a slight nausea. After completing the course, I managed to restore both hair and intestinal micro flora. Now, problems with the face gone away due to these pills, but I advise taking this medication very carefully. I wish everyone good health and good luck!